These are usually initiated by the State of Florida against the non—custodial parent of a minor child. The custodial parent through the State of Florida will be requesting child support against the non-custodial parent. They may seek to obtain retroactive support as well for the last 24 months under Florida Statute. The State can proceed in two manners:

  • by filing a circuit court case against you or
  • by an administrative process against you

Your failure to file a response or take action may subject you to great financial burdens for past, present and future child support for a minor child. Additionally, a party may request a DNA test if he truly believes that he is not the biological parent of the minor child.